We, Glass Repair Sunshine Coast, are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have implemented suitable controls and procedures to ensure the security of the information we collect.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit a website that uses them. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use at a later date. They are commonly used to provide you with a personalised experience while you browse a website, allowing your preferences to be remembered.
They can also provide core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility; record how you interact with the website so that the owner can understand how to improve the experience of other visitors; and show advertisements that are relevant to your browsing history.
The cookies used on Glass Repair Sunshine Coast websites do not include any information that others could read and understand about you, such as your name or contact details.
When you enquire about a product or service on the Glass Repair Sunshine Coast website, you will be asked for personal information that is needed to process your application. This information is required by us to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website and all of our services. Specifically, your data may be used by us for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
Improvement of our products/services
For our representatives to follow up your specific request, either by e-mail or telephone, as part of our customer care procedure
We may periodically send targeted and relevant promotional information about products you have specifically enquired about from Glass Repair Sunshine Coast. (You always have the right to request that no further marketing information is sent to you, and we will always provide a clear option to do this on every communication.)
For your protection we will also:
- Not hold more information about you than is required for the purposes for which it is being processed. Your information will not be held for longer than two years if you have only made an enquiry and not purchased from Glass Repair Sunshine Coast.
- If you are a customer who has made a purchase from Glass Repair Sunshine Coast, we are required as a minimum to hold your customer data for the lifetime of the warranty on your purchase (up to 10 years) and unless you request for your information to be removed, we will continue to hold your data on our system for up to 40 years. This is because the data we hold will be relevant should you wish to update your home in the future and we may require the original/specific details of your installation. Take reasonable endeavours to ensure that any information about you is accurate and kept up to date. Process your information in accordance with your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
- Telephone calls may be recorded for training and/or monitoring purposes. You have the right to request for any call not to be recorded at any time.
In order to maintain the security of our systems, protect our staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Glass Repair Sunshine Coast reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domains. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant codes, use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 ‘Right for Information’ you have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access– the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information, we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct– the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase– the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data– the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability– the right to request that we move, copy, or transfer your Data.
- Right to object– the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us at
Your right to lodge a complaint
If you have a complaint or questions about the Data we hold please contact us in writing (using the address below) with any enquiries relating to the collection, storage, transfer or deletion of your personal data collected via this website.
Glass Repair Sunshine Coast
Exclusion of Liability
While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials, are appropriate or available for use either in the Australia.
Access to and use of this website is at the user’s own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
Changes to this Policy
Additionally, Glass Repair Sunshine Coast shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act, or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Australia. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australia courts.
Compliance with the law